Since 1981, Walter D. (Doug) White has practiced law in his home town of Shreveport, Louisiana. A graduate of Woodlawn High School, Doug went on to earn a Juris Doctor from LSU in Baton Rouge.
He began private practice working for the law firm of Nelson & Hammons, and was made a partner in 1985; the practice name changing to Nelson, Hammons & White. In 1991, the private practice of Walter D. White, A Professional Law Corporation was formed. He currently focuses on Corporate and business law, estate planning and Elder law.
Doug is proud to have served his country as officer in the United States Army, both on active duty and in the reserves, achieving the rank of Lieutenant Colonel (Retired).
- Shreveport and Louisiana State Bar Associations
- Christian Legal Society
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Alliance Defending Freedom, Associate Attorney
- Member of Board of Directors, Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board
- Admitted to:
- All Louisiana State Courts
- Western District of Louisiana Federal Court
- Federal 5th Circuit Court of Appeal
- Unites States Supreme Court
- Juris Doctor – Louisiana State University
- Bachelor of Public Administration – University of Mississippi